Escape Route Lighting
The EELTEX® Cormorant Marine Lighting System combines background lighting with an Emergency Egress Lighting System (EELS). The system is specifically designed with modular components to ensure compatibility with military vessels.
As with military land platforms, sea vessels and amphibious vehicle are exposed to the risks associated with crew survivability and emergency egress in both training, and operation environments. Legislation states that all vessels must provide emergency lighting for internal crew working and living areas.
The Cormorant System is designed to maximise the survivability of the crew by automatically illuminating all vessels escape hatches, handles and vital escape and buoyancy equipment. The specially located LED alert lights are also utilized as an ambient background light often used as night lighting. The whole system is fitted with an overriding black out mode.
The Cormorant System comprises of several standard modular elements; various alert lights, impulse detector, rollover sensor, water sensor and rechargeable batteries that collectively make a tailored vessel egress lighting system.
All components are designed to comply with DEF-STAND (Defence Standard) and MIL-STD (Military Standard) for the DOD (Department of Defense) and UK MOD (Ministry of Defence) requirements.
- Emergency lighting system combined with a background lighting system provides multi-functionality instead of extensive hardware.
- Ambient lighting can improve the crew’s wellbeing, spatial awareness and knowledge as to where the escape routes are located.
- Modular design for optimised, customised light scenarios all over the vessel.
- High-performance LED technology and intelligent electronics.
- Numerous trials have been conducted on photoluminescent and electroluminescent charged strip tape – findings clearly show that the products are not fit for purpose through smoke and water. LED lights permeate far better in turbid environments.
EELTEX also have a land vehicle escape route lighting system called Egrets. The Egret, Emergency Egress Lighting System will be on display at the Defence and Security Equipment International (DSEI) conference in London September 10 – 13 2019.
Talk to us today
With our flexible approach to our service offering, we can provide experience and expertise at any key stage to support your project or help with the entire project life-cycle.
Sign up to our Newsletter
(We do not share your data with anybody, and only use it for its intended purpose)